Juniper offered a fast track certification program with free training and vouchers, but it was set to end at the end of 2007. I was interested in it, but I could not commit any time due to my CCIE studies. It looks like they are extending this program until (at least) the end of 2008. After I complete my CCIE, I might look into getting some basic Juniper certification and this program looks like a good way to accomplish that.
Because of its enormous popularity, the Juniper Networks Certification Fast Track Program is being extended through 2008! We are very excited about the number of participants in the program, and we look forward to working with more networking professionals in 2008.
There are some important changes to the program that we highlight below.
- Enterprise Routing Courseware Remains At No Cost, Vouchers Now Worth a 50% Discount for Exams
- What’s the same:
- The existing Enterprise Routing courseware will remain available on the Fast Track Web Portal, and participants will continue to have the opportunity to earn Enterprise Routing associate-level (JNCIA-ER) and specialist-level (JNCIS-ER) certification vouchers.
- What’s changed:
- Beginning February 8, participants will realize a 50% savings when redeeming JNCIA-ER and JNCIS-ER vouchers at any Prometric Testing Center, as opposed to being able to take the exams at no charge in 2007.
- This change in cost still provides an exceptional opportunity for participants because the courseware, valued at several thousand dollars, still remains at no charge for the participants, and on average, a participant will incur a cost of only $60 per exam.
- New Program Name and New Certifications Coming Soon
- The program name has changed from the JUNOS Enterprise Routing Certification Fast Track Program to the Juniper Networks Certification Fast Track Program because coming soon we are adding two additional certification offerings to the program in 2008. Stay tuned for future announcements.
- Cisco Certification Requirement Removed and New Fast Track Web Portal Created
- Starting in 2008, networking professionals no longer need to be Cisco certified to participate in the Juniper Networks Certification Fast Track Program. This change allows all experienced networking professional to participate in the program. Throughout 2008, Juniper Networks will continue to fast track even more networking professionals in the shortest amount of time-at a substantial savings!
- COMING SOON on February 8, we are releasing the new Juniper Networks Certification Fast Track Web Portal. To provide our participants an even better experience, we are implementing the following features:
- A new, easy-to-navigate, enhanced user interface
- Updated program information with the addition of FAQs
- Event-based e-mail notifications to keep participants’ accounts more secure
- The ability to track the progress of participants’ preassessment exams!